Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Fresh Start

I used to write in an online journal at diaryland.com, but then I ran into a few problems:

1. My life got very repetitive, which made for very boring writing.

2. I felt the need to write about other things, like music, sports, literature, and animation.

3. Since I really have no useful knowledge about at least two of those topics, I felt the need to be able to get comments on these things so that when I make uninformed moral judgments about them, people who know better can call me on it. Diaryland insisted that I pay them for a service that everyone else provides freely, and so I must relocate.

4. I tend to get a bit wordy, so I felt that the occasional illustration might help me out. Also, I can just link to things instead of quoting them.

5. My sister has one of these, and has a lot of imaginary internet friends as a result. Since I'm not going to be writing in detail about parenting, pregnancy, women's health, midwives and homebirth, vegetarianism, or Linda Hirshman, I'm guessing the Venn Diagram formed by our imaginary internet friend circles will not have a large middle section, so my plan is to find my own circle of blog friends and get them to follow my lead in posting snide comments on Casey's blog. A good time will be had by all. And who was this Venn character?

And so begins my new online home, which I have decided to call "Online Somewhere." I am marginally happy with this choice. I am very bad at thinking up titles.

Holy crap. My first entry is a bulleted list. I really am a blogger.

2 comments:

Lis said...

Holy sh!t, Susie's alive too!
I was going to make a snide comment about how you think that this new blog won't make you a loser now, but I am in utter shock about Susie and the fact that she didn't tell me about her blog :0

Andy said...

Susie, I only deal in crappy, over the top pointless drama. You should know that.

Lis, I don't think I've ever made an attempt to hide my loserdom.