Friday, December 29, 2006

On Titles

My original plan was to call this blog "The Ballpoint Banana." This is a reference to Batman: The Movie.

Batman: What has yellow skin and writes?
Robin: A ballpoint banana!
Batman: What people are always in a hurry?
Robin: Rushing people... Russians!
Batman: So this means...
Robin: Someone Russian is going to slip on a banana peel and break their neck.
Batman: Precisely, Robin. The only possible explanation.

"The only possible explanation" sums up the attitude many blog writers have toward their blogs, and a ballpoint banana is nonsensical and goofy enough to adequately describe my writing, so I figured it fit well. Then I noticed it was taken, so I changed to a weak plan B and called in Online Somewhere, because I routinely forget where I read things online and just tell people I "read it online somewhere" as if that explains things.

Now I've discovered that I can have Online Somewhere be the web address and The Ballpoint Banana be the Blog Title. However, if I choose to use both, as I sort of am at the moment, I can't very well have a green color scheme. I currently have the most image-lacking blog on the internets.

In short, much hand-wringing will be done over this in the next few days. Starting a new blog is hard work.

No comments: