Monday, February 26, 2007

Chili

At work, I have been drafted to represent my unit in the State Hospital Chili Cook-Off next month. I'm pretty sure I was chosen for my competitiveness, for my rapport with the participating client, and so the other staff wouldn't have to do it.

I'm equally sure that I was not chosen based on my culinary abilities, as I have none.

So I turn to the Five Readers, and by the Five Readers, I mostly mean my friend Lis, who routinely blogs recipes. I need a good chili recipe. Really spicy, kicking chili, replete with Guatemalan Insanity Peppers, if possible. No wimpy brown sugary sweet chili need apply. Also, the participating client is allergic to mushrooms, regrettably, so a shroomless chili, as unfathomable a thought as it is to me, is going to be required.

1 comment:

BerryBird said...

That's tragic about the mushrooms. I never heard of anyone being allergic to shrooms. I've never cooked chili before, so no good recipes. Sorry, and good luck.