Saturday, February 10, 2007

Further Adventures in Dental Hygiene

I have purchased a new tube of toothpaste. It's Crest Whitening Expressions Lemon Ice. It cost a little more than I usual pay for toothpaste, but I didn't hesitate this time because after a week of using the Ultrabrite, I would've paid ten dollars for a tube of good toothpaste. Also, it had a scratch n' sniff sticker on the box to let potential customers know how it smells. If there are people in this world who can resist scratch n' sniff stickers, I haven't met them.

Naturally, after I bought the stuff Thursday night, I had to run right home and try it, and now that I've had it a full day, I can say with confidence that using this toothpaste feels like I am brushing my teeth with the filling from a Krispy Kreme Lemon Filled doughnut. I worked in a gas station and had access to all the free doughnuts I wanted once, so I know the sensation well. The gel-like texture is the same, the flavor is the same, except instead of rotting my teeth out, it cleans and strengthens them instead. Best. Toothpaste. Ever.

3 comments:

BerryBird said...

I have never heard of that flavor of toothpaste. Lemon is intriguing, I'll give you that. But I don't like donuts, especially the filled or frosted variety, so ultimately I think your toothpaste sounds borderline gross. I'm glad you like it, though.

And you're totally right about the scratch n'sniff stickers: resistance is futile.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.......funny....our local FOX news station did a consumer reports test thing, and found that Ultrabrite toothpaste was the only one outof their test group that actually whitened teeth. (went up against Rembrandt, for one.....dunno about the others)

Andy said...

SJ,

I have no doubt that Ultrabrite is the most whitening toothpase, as it's basically white cement masquerading as toothpaste.

Thanks for stopping by. Are you, by chance, somebody I know in Real Life, or a random visitor?