Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Delays

So the YouTube post is delayed this week. I bet you're all on pins and needles wondering why, when you logged onto theballpointbanana.blogspot.com yesterday morning, no new post awaited you with a ridiculous or awesome video embedded.

Well, the evil cable guy decided to turn off my internets while I was at work on Sunday. You recall that I was a little short of cash last week. In my infinite wisdom, I decided to put off paying the cable until my next paycheck came. Had the cable company waited one more day, they would've received their payment in full.

Instead, I had to go to my mom's yesterday morning prior to 10 am to call and make a payment that I just barely had in my account. My phone is broadband powered, you see, so losing my internets also turned my phone off. The cable guy decided to make me his absolute last stop on the day as well, so it took awhile. In the meantime, I spent part of my day at Mom's entertaining Hannah and Oscar, my niece and nephew.

For the most part, typical playing with small children-program related activities were involved. What I would like to address is the bizarre children's program entitled Go, Diego, Go! I find it difficult to critique media that does not target my demographic, but whoo, did Diego look like a crapfest. The script went something like this:

Diego: OH NO!!!! ANA THE ANACONDA IS IN DANGER!!! WE MUST SAVE HER!!!
Ana the Anaconda: Ayudame, Diego! (this was my favorite part, easily)
Diego: I FOUND SOME TRACKS!!! BUT WHICH ONES ARE ANACONDA TRACKS??? HELP ME DECIDE!!! (points to two sets of tracks, one being a straight line, and the other clearly depicting feet. Neither the 3 year old nor 6 year old were even slightly stumped by this one.)
Diego: THAT'S RIGHT!!! LET'S HURRY!!! THERE'S ANA, BUT WHERE ARE ALL HER FRIENDS???

...and so on. and so on. and so on. Now, considering asking me to be awake at 10 am is akin to asking normal 9 to 5ers to be awake around 3 am, and considering I had no caffeine in me at all, my poor brain could not withstand being yelled at by Diego. I went home to sleep, hoping to avoid any creepy, Diego-induced dreams, to come back later.

Now, some belated video action. You'd think with the extra day I had, I would've thought of something ahead of time, but you'd be wrong. I will now search YouTube and put something up in the last minute.

No comments: