Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Downtime Recap

Shirts-related program activities: I wore another blood donation shirt (All-American Blood Donor! Because we don't want that dirty furrner blood. Discard), a Space Ghost Coast to Coast "All Hail Brak!" Shirt (purchased while in Atlanta for a Key Club Convention, regrettably too small for me... so a probably discard, despite the fact that it's one of my favorites, sigh.), and another blue shirt from the Gap almost identical to the blue shirt last featured (left in a locker at Carmel High School after the 1999 school year, and subsequently purloined by me, probably should discard, but it's so freaking comfortable that it pains me to part with it).

Computer-related Program Activities: Computer is patched up. Things are working well. It turns out the video card was in cahoots with Neverwinter Nights to destroy my computer. Dad was able to fix it. I brought Jeff along, and he witnessed the nerdly power of the Lab, and was instantly sucked in. It was love at first sight. I think he's moving in with Dad sometime next week, after Dad gets back from his GenCon nerd convention. Jeff exchanged war stories from his Million Man LAN nerd convention. I rolled my eyes derisively. Jeff noticed.

Mark Trail-related Program Activities: Mark Trail just finished up a storyline. It was pretty much awesome the whole time, and had my computer been up, I might have taken the time to find my favorite panels and add them. But it wasn't, and even if it was, I probably wouldn't. This is just so you know that if you've ever read my opining on Mark Trail and wondered what all the fuss was about, there's no better time to start reading it.



YouTube-related Program Activities: So far, I think Jeff is the only person who appreciated Klaus the Forklift Driver. Since I'm behind, I'll just post this video of Dick Cheney that you've probably already seen in those annoying MoveOn.org emails that I keep getting to remind myself what I'm mad about these days and what I can do about it (I've heard online petitions work wonders!). I've watched it three times now, and I'm still stupefied.



Dammit, Cheney, didn't you ever learn that your first answer is usually the right one?

2 comments:

a/k/a Nadine said...

You better tell us all about your date!

BerryBird said...

Glad your computer is fixed up, video cards are a giant pain in the ass. Sound cards, too. Ugh. And the Cheney video? Double ugh! Talk about does not compute, Cheney making sense? So depressing.