Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Woohoo!

I saw the Book Quiz at Nadine's, and of course couldn't resist it like chicks can't resist my mustache. And lo and behold, I'm my favorite friggin' book in the history of books!




You're Catch-22!

by Joseph Heller

Incredibly witty and funny, you have a taste for irony in all that you see. It seems that life has put you in perpetually untenable situations, and your sense of humor is all that gets you through them. These experiences have also made you an ardent pacifist, though you present your message with tongue sewn into cheek. You could coin a phrase that replaces the word "paradox" for millions of people.


Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



There is a copy of this book in arm's length. I'm very happy for me. Let's open it to a page, shall we?

"What happened to him?" Milo asked in a voice deadened with awe.
"He got killed."
"That's terrible," Milo grieved, and his large brown eyes filled with tears. "That poor kid. It really is terrible." He bit his trembling lip hard, and his voice rose with emotion when he continued. "And it will get even worse if the mess halls don't agree to buy my cotton. Yossarian, what's the matter with them? Don't they realize it's their syndicate? Don't they know they've all got a share?"

and...
"I wish you'd put your uniform on instead of going around naked that way," he confided pensively before he climbed back down again and hurried away. "You might start a trend, and then I'll never get rid of this goldarned cotton."

No comments: