Thursday, August 2, 2007

Urge to clean falling

Unbelievable news. I actually cleaned last night. A lot. Lots of clothes were sorted, laundry was done, dishes were done. I was a cleanin machine.

Tonight, while I was buying some shampoo and necessary groceries like cereal, Rock Star, candy bars, and chips, I found Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword.

Civ 4 sucks my life away from me. I am completely unable to walk away from it. I want to install the beautiful thing and play it for 30 straight hours.

Must do more laundry. Must clean the bathroom.

Must invite Jeff over. Must play 30 hours of Civ.

Oh, and I've also decided to keep a running tally of the shirts I'm wearing and the shirts I'm giving to Goodwill on this blog. Liveblogging my wardrobe. This will be thrilling, I'm sure.

Today's installment: an ash-gray T-shirt that says "Enjoy Coca-Cola".
Origin: I think I got it when I was 15, at my first job as an abused slave laborer at the local grocery store. I had the meanest bosses in the history of mean bosses, and I was a fragile 15 year old. I didn't last long at all.
Decision: Keeper. I enjoy Coca-Cola, and I want the whole world to know. If only all of them were this easy.

Plus, it inspired this fun-filled conversation:

Client: Andy! Y-y-y-you like Coca-Cola?
Andy: Heck yeah I do!
Client: I l-l-l-like P-p-p-pepsi better.
Andy: No way!
Client: P-p-p-pepsi is good.
Andy: No! You can't beat the real thing!
Client: Y-y-y-y-you should try P-p-p-pepsi.
Andy: No! You should drink Coke!
Client: I do!
Andy: And it's the best!
Client: N-n-n-n-no. P-p-p-pepsi.
Andy: Coke! Coke! Coke!
Client: Pepsi.

...it goes on quite a while like that. Rest assured, I don't take it lightly when people dis my colors. Respect.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coke rules!

BerryBird said...

Hey, good job with the cleaning. I desparately need to do some of that around here. Ugh.

Susie said...

I'm with your client on the Coke/Pepsi thing. Pepsi is so smooth and sweet -- mmm mmm mmm!

About Civ 4, I can't even begin to imagine the temptation. I shut down my blog and I'll be shutting down my Internet service this month because being home 24/7 gives me entirely TOO MUCH TIME to be on the Internets. Granted I was on the Internets MORE when I worked, but still -- the temptation is still here. :)

Anonymous said...

No. I cannot be buying any Civ 4 expansion packs. I can't hear this post. Lalalalala...

a/k/a Nadine said...

Pepsi is vile stuff. Definitely enjoy the Coca-cola.

Andy said...

Kathy, it adds so much stuff to it that it needs TWO discs! A two disc expansion! I've never heard of such a thing.

Haven't tried any of the new scenarios yet, as Jeff and I were content to, once again, select the Vikings and attempt to purge everyone else from the globe.